Nanomaterials Applied to Life Sciences 2020
The relentless advances made in nanotechnology during the last years call for a multidisciplinary, cross-sectional approach, from the design of new materials to their final application. NALS 2020 intends to establish synergies, foster long-lasting collaborations, and contribute to a fruit-full academia-industry liaison, to work together on the development of disruptive nanomaterials based techniques and devices for applications in the fields of Medicine, Biology, and Environment, among others.
The exciting and lively city of Madrid constitutes a vibrant venue to frame this event due to the excellent communications and leisure offer.
NALS 2020 will bring together academia and industrial researchers in materials science, chemistry, engineering, medicine, and biology, to establish synergies, strengthen initiated collaborations and create new ones
The abstract submission period is closed
List of Plenary Speakers
- Prof. María José Alonso, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Santiago de Compostela, Spain)
- Dr. Christian Dose, Miltenyi Biotec GmbH (Bergisch Gladbach, Germany)
- Prof. Claire Wilhelm, Paris Diderot University (Paris, France)
- Prof. Kenneth A. Dawson, University College Dublin (Dublin, Ireland)
- Nanomaterials for therapy: optical/magnetic hyperthermia; drug delivery; tissue regeneration; gene and cell therapies.
- Nanomaterials for detection and diagnosis: magnetic resonance imaging; magnetic particle imaging; magneto-encephalography; magnetic, optic, electromagnetic, and electrochemical sensing actuators; magnetic cell/exosome/protein pre-concentration and isolation.
- Nanomaterials for environmental applications: water and air treatment, soil remediation.
- In silico testing: computer modelling of nanomaterials and their application in medicine and biology.
- Lab on-a-chip, and organ on-a-chip.
- Metrology and standardisation of nanomaterials.
- Synthesis, functionalization, bioconjugation, and surface engineering of nanomaterials.
- Biocompatibility and toxicity of nanomaterials.
- Nanomaterials for translational applications.
More NALS2020 news